Sunday, January 15, 2012

Best Wake-Up Call Ever

It was Saturday, January 14, 2012 and it was the first one in a long time where the three of us were able to just sleep in, in our own apartment, and get up whenever we felt like it. Since I was hanging out with my friend Jennie last night, I was out a bit later than usual, and when I got home, it was after midnight. I did my nightly routine, and was in bed by 1am. Annelise was already asleep of course, and Mark stayed up for another few hours listening to his new David Crowder*Band album and doing whatever it is he does to relax in those late night hours.

At 5:30am, Mark woke up to hungry cries through the baby monitor from Annelise. He woke me up (for some reason I just don't wake up well to the baby monitor noises, but Mark hears everything Annelise does...) and I went and got her. So I fed her, changed her diaper then put her back to sleep at about 6:15 or so. Then I put myself back to sleep for another 3 hours or so.

Then, the best part of my morning began. The baby monitor was on, I was slightly awake, and I started to hear her voice! She was just chatting up a storm with whatever it was in her crib that was amusing her! There was at least 15 minutes of just her chatting before she started to get frustrated with something. I guessed she was probably stuck up in the corner of her crib, since she's recently learned how to scoot around on her back. She was also probably getting hungry around this time, so I got up to go see what she was up to. Here's what she looked like when I found her:


She was turned completely sideways! I promise I put her in there with her head in that empty spot to her right, with her feet under the blankets. She's so funny.  I think she was talking to the flowers on her mobile above her. Or something. She was still talking up a storm when I was taking this picture. It was basically the best thing to wake up to on our lazy day off from everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment