Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time Is Flying

Sometimes I get overly emotional inside about how quickly Annelise is growing. I don't let it get out though, but is this how parenting is? It's crazy how happy I am one minute, seeing her cute little face learning and experience the world around her. And then the next, my heart is hurting for how quickly she's growing and how much she is changing. I just need more time at each of her little stages so I don't forget them!

She's now 3 months and talks to us all the time. Sometimes we think she sounds like a fake baby! Those little noises are too cute to come out of a human being! She seems to be testing out the different noises she can make: raspberries with her lips, blowing little bubbles, squealing really high-pitched adorable little girl noises, and sometimes trying to say words like "haaaiii!" or "heeey" or... I'm not sure. I think she's just trying to figure her voice out though. She's adorable.

Annelise has also just recently moved into her big girl crib in her own room, another milestone that is both exciting and hard for me. I miss her sleeping in our room with us... those are times we'll never get to have again. But on the other hand, I'm glad she is getting old enough that she can handle sleeping through the night on her own, and Daddy sleeps so much better. I'm a heavier sleeper, so I never noticed her dreaming whimpers during the night like he does.


[Update: The following picture is her in the morning after her first night. (I had it on my phone and didn't get it on the computer til now...) Now, I know, I know, she's not supposed to have all those blankets around her. But we were transitioning her into the crib, and they helped immensely. She also didn't move around too much at that time, because she was still used to the limited space of her bassinet. We could never leave her in there with those now because she'd fall in the space and suffocate or something horrible like that. Anyway, here's the happy picture of her peacefully sleeping!]



She just moved into her 1-2 diapers today. They're Pampers Baby Dry, and we've decided we don't like those because they make her too dry. And they're hard to tell when they're full. Surprisingly, the Target diapers are my favorite so far. But we've got 200 Pampers to go through, so that's that for now.

At her most recent weigh-in, she's 13.5 pounds! And she almost doesn't fit to lay her down on the couch cushions any more (but we didn't actually measure her length). Her feet hang off the edge of the couch! She's growing much, much too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment