Friday, January 27, 2012

Rolling Over!

We've hit yet another big milestone! Annelise was 16 weeks and 6 days old, and it was January 26, 2012. Annelise rolled from her back to her tummy.

The first time it happened for real, was while I was at work. Mark called me shortly after it happened letting me know. That was cool, but I didn't get as excited about it as I thought I'd be. Mostly because we'd been working on helping her figure out how to get up and over that little arm of hers for awhile now, and I wanted to see her amazement when she finally figured it out! Yet another sad point about being at work all day without her...

But anyway, the first time I got to see her do it was after I got home that afternoon. Apparently ever since that first time she's figured it out, she's been doing it all the time! It's actually really fun to watch her face as she arches her back, rolls her head around to look at something that's almost above her, causing her to roll to her side, and then struggle to heave herself over her arm and pull the arm out from underneath. Once she gets there, she doesn't really know what to do. She kinda wiggles around, lifts her head and faceplants a bunch, talks into the floor after faceplanting, and then gets upset because she can't move herself where she wants to go anymore.

Mark and I took a video of her doing all of this, but we're not posting much to Facebook or the blog because we can't control the privacy as well here or there. We're still a bit wary of posting Annelise's face all over everything on the lines. Instead, we've got a Google+ account! Actually, all the videos and pictures are on Mark's account, so if you want to see them, you'll have to be a well-established friend of Mark's, and add him to your Google+ circles so he can add you back.

Back to the subject: Annelise loves rolling over. She's started doing it on the changing table, too, so we have to be extra careful of her now. She'll be crawling, standing, and walking before we know it, I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. I feel really lucky that I'm loved by the Smart family to be around enough to have been there for when she rolled over all the way for the first time. This little girl is gonna change the world.

    ReplyDelete